Israeli Advances in the Oral Delivery of Drugs
- January 13, 2009
- Featuring Nadav Kidron, Esq., CEO & President of Israel's Oramed Pharmaceuticals.
- Co-Sponsored by the America-Israel Economic Forum (AIEF) and Lake County Partners.
Israel's Economy and the War on Terror
- January 16, 2009
- Featuring Asaf Vitman, Israel's Minister of Economic Affairs in the United States
- In cooperation with the AIEF. Sponsored by Funkhouser Vegosen Liebman & Dunn Ltd.
Membership Connection at Base Bar
- January 21, 2009
- A networking event for members and guests
What resources can Illinois make available to Israel-based and other companies seeking to establish operations in the State of Illinois? and How is Illinois is weathering the current economic climate?
- January 28, 2009
- Featuring Treasurer of the State of Illinois, Alexi Giannoulias
- Sponsored by Miller Canfield, Berkley Law Group, Overbridge Executive Roundtables Ltd., and Howard I. Bernstein.
Anatomy of an Israel-U.S. Business Deal: Israel's Osem Group Expands Into U.S.A.
- February 26, 2009
- Featuring Howard I. Bernstein, Principal of J.H. Chapman Group, L.L.C.
- In cooperation with AIEF.
Kosher Wine For Passover
- February 29, 2009
- Featuring fine Israeli wines by Barkan, Galil Mountain, Castel, Recanati, Ella Valley, and Yarden. Hungarian Kosher Foods, Kosherwine.com, Fine Wines of Israel, and the AICC Buy Israel Goods Project.
Digital Healthcare - Israeli Technologies Transforming the Management of Healthcare Information Systems
- April 8, 2009
- Panels featuring Hospira, Blue Cross Blue Shield, McGuire Woods, LLP, Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation, and the University of Illinois at Chicago. Panels followed by match-making meetings between Israel-based medical I.T. companies and prospective U.S. clients
- In cooperation with the Israel Export and International Cooperation Institute, the Government of Israel Economic Mission, and the BIRD Foundation
- Sponsored by McGuire Woods LLP, Grant Thornton LLP, the Illinois Science + Technology Park, and the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Illinois and Israel: Inbound Foreign Direct Investment and Cooperation Builds Illinois Business
- April 23, 2009
- Featuring tours of and discussions at Illinois-based, Israel-owned companies Ingersoll Cutting Tools and Elmo Tech
- In cooperation with the Government of Israel Economic Mission, and the AIEF. Sponsored by the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity Office of Trade and Investment (DCEO).
Membership Connection at Martini Park
- April 30, 2009
- A networking event for members and guests.
From the Desert, Sun and Sea for the World: An Environmental Symposium and Dessert Reception
- May 4 - 5, 2009
- A Program of the American Associates Ben-Gurion University of the Negev. Co-sponsored by the AICC, the Consulate General of Israel to the Midwest, the Government of Israel Economic Mission, the JCRC, the Chicago Board of Rabbis, Chicago Sister Cities International and Bank Leumi USA.
Lluìs de Santàngel - America's First Financier: Jews and Conversos in the discovery of America
- May 7, 2009
- Panel discussion and reception featuring Rabbi Michael Azose, Dr. Abraham Haim, and Kathleen LeMieux
- A program of the Instituto Cervantes Chicago, in cooperation with the AICC, the AJC, and the Alliance of Latinos and Jews.
Mission to ILSI BioMed Israel 2009 and the International Stem Cell Conference
- June 14 - 18, 2009
- Featuring Illinois Biotechnology Roundtable and Gala Reception / Dinner in Tel Aviv
- Illinois Pavilion at ILSI BioMed
- Company and institutional tours and matchmaking meetings. In cooperation with the Government of Israel Economic Mission
- Delegation and specific programs sponsored by DCEO and iBIO®.
Membership Connection With the Polish American Chamber of Commerce (PACC)
- July 15, 2009
- A networking event for members and guests of AICC and PACC
Go Global: Find New Export Markets in Israel
- July 21, 2009
- Featuring Uriel Lynn, Chairman of the Federation of Israeli Chambers of Commerce
- In cooperation with the AIEF and the Rockford Area Economic Development Council
- Sponsored by Supply Core.
Water, The Israeli Experience
- July 22, 2009
- Featuring Assaf Barnea, CEO of Kinrot Ventures addressed
- In cooperation with the Consulate General of Israel to the Midwest, the Israel Economic Mission, the AIEF and American Associates Ben-Gurion Universityb of the Negev
- Sponsored by Arnstein & Lehr LLP.
Membership Connection with the PACC at the Saloon Steak House
- August 13, 2009
- Featuring Michael Murnane of Chicago 2016.
What Makes a Life Science Partnership Kosher?
- October 26, 2009
- Panel discussion featuring Teva Innovative Ventures, University of Illinois at Chicago, and the BIRD Foundation
- In cooperation with AIEF, iBIO®, the Government of Israel Economic Mission, and the BIRD Foundation
- Hosted by the Illinois Science + Technology Park. Sponsored by Teva.
Annual Awards and Celebration Dinner
- October 29, 2009
- Business Leadership Award Recipients: Milton A Levenfeld of Chicago's Levenfeld Pearlstein, and Barry P. Levenfeld of Israel's Yigal Arnon
- Martin N. Sandler Distinguished Achievement Award Recipient: Alan P. Sklar of Highland Park's Overbridge Executive Roundtables, Ltd.
- Keynote Address by the Honorable Michael B. Oren, Ambassador of Israel to the United States
- At the Ravinia Festival's Dining Pavilion
An Israeli Success Story of Building Market Share in the U.S.
- November 4, 2009
- Featuring Amon Levav, CEO of Israel's SIT (Systematic Inventive Thinking)
- In cooperation with AIEF
- Sponsored by Brinks Hofer Gilson & Lione.
Getting Better All the Time? An Israeli Perspective on the Economic Recovery
- November 17, 2009
- Featuring Professor Asher Tishler, Dean, Faculty of Management, The Recanati School
- In cooperation with AIEF
- Hosted by Miller Canfield.
Annual Membership and Board of Directors Meeting
- December 10, 2009
- Keynote Address by Yair Goldfinger, credited with developing Instant Messaging, and Co-Founder & CTO of Dotomi
- Election of AICC's incoming slate of Officers, Executive Committee, Directors, Senior Advisors
- Sponsored by Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP