Certificates of Origin / exporting to israel
Please see below for information regarding Israeli Customs Authority requirements for U.S. exporters shipping to Israel under the terms of the U.S.-Israel Free Trade Agreement. Invoice Declaration
Effective January 10, 2018, U.S. exporters to Israel are no longer required to provide Israeli authorities a hard copy Certificate of Origin (commonly referred to as the “Green Form” or “Form A”). Instead, U.S. exporters are required to print and sign the following declaration on the invoice or on any other commercial document *:
COPY & PASTE:
I, the undersigned, hereby declare that unless otherwise indicated, the goods covered by this document fully comply with the rules of origin and the other provisions of the Agreement on the Establishment of a Free Trade Area between the Government of Israel and the Government of the United States of America.
_____The Exporter (whether the exporter is the producer or not)
_____The Producer (is not the exporter)
* For this process, a “commercial document” refers to a document issued by the exporter or by the producer only, as part of the shipping documentation, including invoice, packing list and pro-forma. A standalone document will also be accepted as a “commercial document” for invoice declaration if all the following conditions are met:
1. The document is a letterhead of the exporter or manufacturer.
2. The document shall include the logo of the exporter or manufacturer, identifying details of the exporter or manufacturer including the address and the date of issue of the document.
3. The document will be prepared and issued only on the computers of the manufacturer or exporter in the United State
You need to furnish the invoice declaration for Export to Israel if your export is:
- Wholly the growth, product or manufacture of the United States*
- Sold to a customer in Israel, with Israel as the export’s destination
*Products not wholly the growth, product or manufacture of the United States must be substantially transformed into a new article having a new name, character or use in order to qualify.
You do not need to furnish the invoice declaration for Export to Israel for:
- Evaluation samples or temporary exports for a trade show
Contact the US Council for International Business at 1.866.786.5625 or visit www.merchandisepassport.org
- Printed Informational Material