Evolution of Security and Economics in Israel:
From the Yom Kippur War to Mining Gas in the Mediterranean
Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 11:30 am
Admiral (ret.) Ami Ayalon (left), Chairman of the Executive Committee of the University of Haifa, discussed the evolving security and economic environments from Yom Kippur War to the present day.
Ayalon drew on his experiences as a naval commander, past Director of the Shin Bet, and his current role at the University of Haifa in formulating possible outcomes in geopolitics and security.
The program was held with American Society for the University of Haifa
and was hosted at Dirtt.
Right: Michael Traison, President of the America-Israel Chamber of Commerce Chicago welcomes attendees.
Israel Medical Technology Roadshow
Tuesday, October 15, 2013
A standing-room only crowd, including many accredited and strategic investors, joined us on October 15 for an Israel Medical Technology roadshow featuring the following start-up companies from the portfolios of Trendlines and OurCrowd:
- MST (Medical Surgery Technologies): A video analytics-driven robotic manipulator that tracks and follows surgical tools at the press of a button, allowing surgeons to move independently and hold laparoscopes in a stable, synchronized and precise manner.
- CoreBone: a natural bone graft material for enhanced strength and healing in orthopedic and dental procedures
- Gordian Surgical: a unique 2-in-1 device that opens and closes incisions during laparoscopic surgery, saving physician time and preventing complications
- ProArc Medical: a minimally invasive treatment for enlarged prostate
- SensoGo: a portable, easy-to-use system for walking pattern analysis in diagnosing orthopedic, sports medicine, and geriatrics (elderly falling risk) disorders
The Chicago conference was held in cooperation with the Government of Israel Economic Mission to the Midwest and was hosted and sponsored by Brinks Gilson & Lione.
In addition to Chicago the group made presentations in Michigan and Minnesota.
Michael Traison Awarded With the Cavalier's Cross of the Order of Merit of the Republic of Poland
Thursday, November 7, 2013
Michael Traison, President of the America-Israel Chamber of CommerceChicago, will awarded with the Cavalier's Cross of the Order of Merit of the Republic of Poland at the official celebrations of Poland's lndependence Day at the Consulate General of the Republic of Poland in Chicago.
The award is bestowed on foreigners and Polish citizens permanently living abroad, who by their activities have made outstanding contributions to international cooperation and to bonds between the Republic of Poland and other nations.